Name Changes

A person who wishes to attain a legal name change may file an application with the probate court where the person wishing to change names resides. The court must publish the name change application in the local newspaper. There are two types of name change applications: one for adults and one for minors. The filing fee is $154.50.

Adult Name Changes

Learn More >

Minor Name Changes

Learn More >

The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.

Get more information on obtaining an attorney.