Minor Name Changes

An adult parent, legal guardian, legal custodian, or guardian ad litem may apply to change the name of a minor by filing an application with the court. The minor must be a resident of the county for the past 60 days. The court may choose to publish the name change application in the local newspaper.  This may require the posting of additional funds with the court to cover the cost of publication. The filing fee for minor name changes is $153.60 unless the consent of both parents has been obtained and filed with the court.


The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.

Get more information on obtaining an attorney.