Birth Registrations

A person who claims to have been born in Ohio and whose registration of birth is not recorded may file an application to register the birth. An application to register a birth record must be accompanied by an affidavit of the attending physician, affidavits of at least two persons having knowledge of the facts stated in the application, or any other evidence the court finds sufficient. 

The filing fee for an application for registration of birth record is $60.50.


The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.

Get more information on obtaining an attorney.