PROBATION OFFICER 1
The Wayne County Juvenile Court is seeking to fill an immediate opening for a full-time Probation Officer 1. This position serves at the pleasure of the Judge and is under the supervision of the Chief Probation Officer.
Probation Officer 1 Job Duties and Responsibilities (not a comprehensive list):
- Monitors assigned probationers to ensure compliance with court probation orders;
- Conducts in-person visits with probationers;
- Investigates complaints concerning alleged probation violations;
- Administers and observes drug screens;
- Maintains open lines of communication with school personnel, law enforcement, treatment providers, and other community partners;
- Maintains accurate and detailed documentation of records associated with assigned cases;
- Prepares and files appropriate paperwork with the Court in both hard-copy and electronic formats, including complaints, affidavits, victim impact statements, and pre-dispositional reports;
- Performs required duties as an officer of the Court, including serving warrants and making arrests;
- Testifies at court hearings;
- Responds to calls for assistance with probationers at all times of day on an on-call basis;
- Acts as a role model both within and outside the Court;
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and an ability to prioritize workload; and
- Any other duties which the Judge, Magistrates, and/or Chief Probation Officer may assign.
Education and Experience Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, corrections, behavioral sciences, social work, or a related field, or the equivalent of a degree in experience; professional level experience in related field of work; a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; and physically be able to perform all job-related responsibilities.
Applications: Submit a resume in writing by regular U.S. Mail, with cover letter, which must be received on or before June 10, 2019, to the Wayne County Probate and Juvenile Court, Attn: Court Administrator, 107 W. Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691. You must complete a Wayne County Employment Application and submit it with your resume in order to be considered for the position of Probation Officer 1.
Wayne County Employment Application (required submission with all employment opportunities) may be found here: http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities. All positions in the Juvenile and Probate Court are at-will. Failure to submit all requested materials will result in non-consideration of the application. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
THE WAYNE COUNTY PROBATE AND JUVENILE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: May 17, 2019; Application Deadline: June 10, 2019
The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.