ACCOUNT & GRANT CLERK / LEGAL SECRETARY
The Wayne County Probate and Juvenile Court is seeking to fill an immediate opening for a full-time Account and Grant Clerk / Legal Secretary. This position serves at the pleasure of the Judge and reports to the Account and Grant Clerk II.
Account & Grant Clerk / Legal Secretary Job Duties and Responsibilities (not a comprehensive list):
- Completes and submits various reports, including financial reports;
- Maintains inventories for court supplies;
- Tracks expenses for court staff and operations;
- Reviews and perfects invoices and other financial documents for proper submission and tracking;
- Processes accounts receivable;
- Assists in budget drafting and development;
- Issues checks for expenses, payments, and payroll;
- Drafts and reviews various documents, including but not limited to correspondence, court entries, and contracts;
- Types dictation from court hearing officers;
- Answers telephone calls and other direct communications from the public; and
- Any other duties which the Judge, Magistrates, Court Administrator, or Supervisor may assign.
Education and Experience Requirements: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A degree or certification in administrative assistance, paralegal studies, or a similar field is preferred. Consideration will be given for any combination of higher education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applications: Submit a resume in writing by regular U.S. Mail, with cover letter, which must be received on or before January 30, 2020, to the Wayne County Probate and Juvenile Court, Attn: Court Administrator, 107 W. Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691. You must complete a Wayne County Employment Application and submit it with your resume in order to be considered for the position of Account & Grant Clerk / Legal Secretary.
Wayne County Employment Application (required submission with all employment opportunities) may be found here: http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities. All positions in the Probate and Juvenile Court Court are at-will. Failure to submit all requested materials will result in non-consideration of the application. No telephone inquiries, please. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
THE WAYNE COUNTY PROBATE AND JUVENILE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: January 16, 2020; Application Deadline: January 30, 2020
The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.