FAMILY DEPENDENCY TREATMENT COURT COORDINATOR
The Wayne County Probate Court is seeking to fill an immediate opening for a full- or part-time Family Dependency Treatment Court Coordinator. This position serves at the pleasure of the Judge.
Family Dependency Treatment Court Coordinator Job Duties and Responsibilities (not a comprehensive list):
- Attends, facilitates, and documents all pre-court staffings and weekly court hearings;
- Monitors provision of services to all family dependency treatment court clients;
- Maintains files on family dependency treatment court clients;
- Track and maintain information necessary for court records, grants, and other funding sources, generating reports when necessary;
- Communicates with service providers regarding family dependency treatment court clients and furthers strong working relationship between Court and service providers;
- Drafts and maintains policy and procedure manuals;
- Maintains supplies of drug test equipment and sobriety awards;
- Assists with the application for and maintains grants and other funding opportunities to improve or sustain the existence and growth of the family dependency treatment court;
- Attends meetings with Court personnel and partners to review program progress, data collection, outcomes, etc.;
- Assists the treatment team in troubleshooting issues as they are identified, including transportation;
- Arranges all contacts and visits to the family dependency treatment court by visiting professionals;
- Negotiates needed service provider agreements and related contracts, subject to approval by the Judge, and monitors contract compliance;
- Performs screenings, assessments, and drug tests;
- Attends and participates in multi-system case conferences and communicates outcomes to the Court;
- Enters and retrieves data via computer;
- Prepares meeting agendas and drafts meeting minutes;
- Acts as community liaison and develops collaborative partnerships;
- Creates opportunities for program participants to do community service work;
- Assists the participant in all phases including the orientation phase; and
- Any other duties which the Judge, Magistrates, and/or Court Administrator may assign.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor degree in psychology, social work, criminal justice, education, or a closely related field is required. At least two (2) years of work experience in social work, counseling, probation, criminal justice, or a related area is required. Consideration will be given for any combination of higher education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applications: Submit a resume in writing by regular U.S. Mail, with cover letter, which must be received on or before November 26, 2018, to the Wayne County Probate and Juvenile Court, Attn: FDTC Coordinator Position, 107 W. Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691. You must complete a Wayne County Employment Application and submit it with your resume in order to be considered for the position of Family Dependency Treatment Court Coordinator.
Wayne County Employment Application (required submission with all employment opportunities) may be found here: http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities. All positions in the Juvenile and Probate Court are at-will. Failure to submit all requested materials will result in non-consideration of the application. No telephone inquiries, please. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
THE WAYNE COUNTY PROBATE AND JUVENILE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date Posted: November 6, 2018; Application Deadline: November 26, 2018
The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.