Adult Name Changes

A person who wishes to attain a legal name change may file an application with the probate court where the person wishing to change names resides. The applicant must have resided in the county for the past 60 days. The filing fee is $83.60 for adult name changes.


The information contained on this web site is not legal advice, nor should it substitute for the assistance of a qualified attorney. Good legal assistance can speed up the court process and prevent costly legal errors.

Get more information on obtaining an attorney.